So what does this Wonder Pencil do then? NYX claims that this pencil will:
1. CONCEAL flaws and blemishes with creamy precision
2. LINE your lips against lipstick bleeding and fading
3. BRIGHTEN your eyes along the water line
So the three things it is supposed to do I am not really enamoured with to be honest, let me explain:
1. I have tried to conceal blemishes with this, it is ok but not the best. I would say if you have small marks rather than raised bumps it would do a good job, but on larger blemishes it did not do a great job unfortunately.
2. Lining my lips with this was a bit strange. Even though the texture is really creamy, lining your lips with this gave a concealing effect which defeats the purpose of a lip liner to me. I tried drawing around the outside of my lips on the skin, but that was all a bit wierd to be. I’ll stick with a traditional lip liner if you don’t mind!
3. It did do a great job of brightening my water line and instantly made me look more awake. The only issue I have with this is, if it is meant to be a multi-tasking product, it does not seem very hygenic to be putting this in your eyes and then on your face or lips.
It is not all doom and gloom though, the one thing I did find it extremely good for using it under the browbone to give a polished look to your brows. If you don’t want to add shimmery hightlight to the brows but still want to define them and add brightness, then this is just the perfect product. As it is in pencil format, it makes it really easy and precise to get right under the arch and sharpen your look. Even if is the only use I will get out of it, I am glad I bought it for this.
It would however, be a great one to carry with you in your handbag. Even though it doesn’t perform as well as I would have hoped, it does do an ok job and is small and sturdy enough to carry around with you for any beauty emergencies!
Available in three shades (I have the shade Medium) from ULTA Beauty ($4.50)
P.S. I am running a US drugstore giveaway over on my Instagram, so head over there to be in with the chance to win this weeks prize! Ends 24th October 2014.
Come and join me!